A new year means new colors, new fabrics, and new design trends for your event décor. Whether you’re throwing the gala of the century or hosting an intimate get together for the Oscars, you’ll want to incorporate these ideas into your design concept to throw an event your guests will be sure to remember! We’re blending personalization, textured accents, playful colors and engaging tech. Mix creative and classic while embracing customized designs to stay on-brand and on-trend for every fabulous event you throw this year.
Color trends that are literally everywhere: Wireless technology, color pallets that can speak to the energy of any event, luxe materials and fabrics and an emphasis on personalization that is next-level.
- Blue Seating: Gray is absolutely everywhere for fabric in seating, but blues are growing in prominence. Mix up your space with those on-trend grays and sprinkle in emerging brownish hues. I’m loving this shift toward warmer tones. These trends play well with popular color stories in 2019: warm earth tones, reminiscent of the 70’s; and more vibrant colors, such as rich cranberry reds, pinks, and salmon tones. These amazing colors bring life and vitality to designs, without losing the sense of calm.
- Bold, Energic Colors: I am living for Living Coral. Pantone’s color of the year provides a fun punch of on-trend color to weave into events all year long. I’m already seeing this shade everywhere and it’s the perfect complement to the tropical modern motifs that are trending in furnishings and design. Whether you’re using CORT’s new blue fabric Montreal seating or the white canvas of the Baja collection, Living Coral accents and CORT’s Flamingo or Tropical Pillow collections provide a playful pop of Palm Beach Chic to any gathering.
- Personalization: This year, event design is all about personalization. Creating unique, personalized event experiences that speak to your client’s brand story will keep attendees excited throughout the year. Personalize a bar or ottoman cover with the graphic of your choice or create customized pillows for your seating story: clients want décor that reflects their individual inspiration and aesthetic. CORT Events offers an array of products suitable for personalization, including tables, bars, chairs, ottomans, room dividers and lighting. I love igniting the party with the Luna Lighting collection. These acrylic columns, pedestals and tables are easily customized and lend a vibrant glow to compliment any design. What makes them even more perfect is that they’re available in alternating current (AC) or battery options. If you don’t know where to start, CORT Events offers personalization services that include design assistance and customized products, delivered ready for use. So perfect, sassies!
- Mixed Metals: Y’all know I love to mix it up. Faux wood and marble laminates continue to dominate surface textures and the modern industrial chic furnishings. My personal favorite is CORT’s new brown Wentworth chair with a black swivel metal base, which perfectly showcases this trend where rich brown colors mixed with hard black surfaces easily blend for a balanced design aesthetic.
- Luxe Textures: 2019 is promising to be evening more luxurious than last year. Art deco inspired furnishings incorporate design details such as channel stitching, curved edges, lush fabrics and soft colorful hues. I’m crushing on textured fabrics and velvets that balance the metallic bronzes and marbles that are sparkling on surfaces. Danish modern silhouettes take center stage on soft seating and are updated with rounded edges and surprising finishes, such as black metal frames.
- Wireless Tech: Sassies, I used one of CORT Events’ new Wireless Charging Cube at an event and I swear I will never be the same. The sleek table features a wireless charging pad and allowed me to simply place my phone on top for a quick and convenient charge while connected with other event attendees. I picked up my phone later and was ready to share my amazing experience! As an event planner, I appreciated that the white accent table can be styled into any modern design and incorporates AC, USB and wireless charging capabilities into the furniture design. As an event attendee, I loved the extra special touch it added to my experience.
Sassies, I can promise you this, these trends are hot! Incorporating elements of the trends that speak to you will elevate your events in the coming year. I, personally, can’t wait to make these trends the focal point of every event I host this year. So fun! Tell me all about your event design ideas for the year on Facebook!
To learn more about CORT’s event rental collections, visit www.cortevents.com.