Statement-Making Event Décor to Spice Up Your New Year
A new year means new colors, new fabrics, and new design trends for your event décor. Whether you’re throwing the gala of the century or hosting an intimate get together for the Oscars, you’ll want to incorporate these ideas into your design concept to stay on-trend and throw an event your guests will be sure to remember! These trends are straight out of Milan, so you know they’re hot. Our friends at CORT Events scooped out the la test and shared what they’re seeing for the year ahead.
Color trends that are literally everywhere: Gray Seating, Bold Energetic Colors and Graphic Patterns. Design Trends that I can’t get enough of: Luxurious Curves, Rich Textures, and Modern Industrial Chic incorporating the 70’s vibe.
- Gray Seating: It’s more than black and white. Gray is the dominating neutral for fabric in seating this year. It matches everything and I’m seeing it in accent pieces and ottomans. Desert rose tones, terracotta, deep greens are also popping up as subdued neutrals that can play well with gray and support other, more vibrant colors. These muted tones are contrasted with black metal frames to anchor the palette and balance the light and dark tones in the space.
- Bold, Energic Colors: Pantone shook me to my core when they announced the color of the year – Ultra Violet. Exploding with zest and energy, accents in ultra violet add a sexy yet elegant ambiance to any event space. Pantone is forecasting that this Spring will be full of discerning colors like Meadowlark, Cherry Tomato, Pink Lavender and Arcadia. The pure bold colors create a high voltage vitality to event décor designs. Many of these fabulous Pantone hues are offered in CORT’s ottoman collections, including its new Beverly bench ottoman collection.
- Graphic Patterns: CORT Events is seeing oversized patterns and accessories in bold colors being used in a more tailored minimal way, and I am absolutely loving it. Adding gold, bronze and copper to underscore these punchy prints gives me all the 1970’s Palm Springs vibes I could ever ask for. Tribal patterns in earth tones are also playing up the visual interest. Consider your event space and guest expectations when choosing which patterns you want to play with in your event design.
- Luxurious Curves: Gone are harsh, hard lines. 2018 invites guests to be comfortable and cozy with softened edges on every surface. CORT’s new seating collections, Munich and Century, reflect the years’ trends with soft velvet-like gray fabrics, espresso and black frames and soft rounded seat backs.
- Rich Textures: Consider all the senses when designing your event space, and keep supple fabrics and textures in mind as you decide on accent pieces. Fabrics that feel rich like velvets and leathers add dimension and significance to the design concept.
- Modern Industrial Chic: CORT is seeing rustic design evolve and are now smarter as well as more chic and streamlined. Reclaimed wood is over! Marble, black metal, smooth edges and rich colors for contrast are making all the headlines. This modern industrial chic vibe incorporates more refined textures, upgraded natural woods, lush fabrics, bold colors and patterns. I’m loving the mix of marble and metallic surfaces with wood and greenery to create a sophisticated, organic and surprising mix that’s easy to personalize in any space.
Sassies, I can promise you this, these trends will be everywhere in 2018. Incorporating elements of the trends that speak to you will elevate your events in the coming year. I, personally, can’t wait to make these trends the focal point of every event I host this year. So fun! Tell me all about your event design ideas for the year on Facebook!
To learn more about CORT’s event rental collections, visit www.cortevents.com
For more news and gossip check out www.SteveKemble.com and www.adoseofsass.com and like us on Facebook and Twitter!